HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Someone took out my bright eyes!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Someone took out my bright eyes!

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

hmmm, I never thought about it that way butI don't consider reflective tacks as litter.They're so little and don't really get in anybody's way. Hey let me ask you this... Ifbright eyes aren't illegal, why mess with them? If you dotake them downthough they are presumably legal, then what would stop you from removing someone's legal mineral lick?
I've found trails that were marked with over 60 tacks.[:'(]
I don't have a problem with using a little descretion. A guy I know puts 3 In the tree he wants to hunt from and maybe a few here and there along the way. I also agree that the tacks are much better then the flagging tape. I also see flagging tape and tacks that were abandond and not removed. UGLY!!!!! My point is I don't ugly up the woods for other people so I wish they wouldn't do it to me.

If you don't put out a lot of tacks maybe I won't find your mineral lick.
I agree Magic, these damn ribbons look terrible in a woods. People up where I bear hunt have these things littered all over and it pisses me off. Take them down when your done and it wouldn't be a problem. I don't mind the tacks, there not noticeable when driving around and you can't see them from the road. We use the tacks on some of our bear stands where its tough going. Northern Minnesota can be a bugger in spots. We also make marks in the tree's with a knife going in on our baits, it works real good.