HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why a Heavy Setup(picture a little bloodie)
Old 04-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why a Heavy Setup(picture a little bloodie)

Question for ya, Germ... did you actually scrutinize what part of the shoulder your broadhead went through upon field dressing it? I'm talking about looking at the actual bones after the meat was removed?
The reason I ask is that I've seen a lot of people (and I'm not necessarily say you're doing the same here) say that "I busted through his shoulder", when what they really busted through was the flat part of the scapula where it's a lot thinner.
That is what I consider the shoulder blade, which is right where I aimed. So yes Iwent through the scapula.

Greg I have the bone somewhere, i will look for it today. It went through the back part of the blade, not quite a dead center hit.

I agree about the ball joint. The deer was 12 yds from me, and the reason I aimed a little high was 1. I am 23 feet up, 2. I did not want to hit the ball joint I have hit the ball joint on a deer, and it's about 40/60 chance of getting it. I ended up on the 60. The deer was broadside, I just made a poor shot.

BTW Greg I never said i busted through the shoulder.
I put the pin right on the blade and pulled the trigger.