HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - At what yardage do you guys "lose it"?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: At what yardage do you guys "lose it"?

Anything over 20 yards is still a tough one for me. Some years I'm deadly at 20 to 25 yards and then the next year I'm terrible. I don't hardly practice much past 25 yards because I get so frustrated at my shooting. Maybe its something I should do but so far I've had no reason to practice out that far being I won't shoot past 20 yards hardly at all. My longest shot at a deer was 22 yards twice. I drilled a doe both times double lunging them both. I've also passed up many shots at 20 yards because it just didn't feel right. Heck I've passed up shots at 15 yards cause it didn't feel right, follow your instincts being most of the time there telling you something! It all Depends on how I feel at the time I guess. Do what you think you need to do Jeff, its probably a good idea to practice out the far. It might make them 20 yard shots seem allot easier for you. Just don't over due yourself in a hunting situation.