HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions
Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Rory/MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

ORIGINAL: il coyote

Sorry, but I do not think it is rightfor the statetell a hunter he can't shoot a young buck because another hunter doesn't want him to. Matters like this need to be dealt with privately.

I'm sure that AR's help to a degree, But all too often it comes with a higher cost to many hunters in the area.

I'd like to see some info on who is for/against AR's, and how theiropinion relates to the security of being able to hunt the same property for a long # of years.
x2

I agree with you. Some people just have to kill a buck no matter what it is.
and they should have the right to

While I regularly pass on young bucks and encourage others to do so, I don't like the idea of the Conservation Commission telling a first-time hunter that they can't shoot a young buck. When I first started hunting, it was exciting to see and shoot a deer, whether it was a doe, small buck or wall-hanger. One of my first bucks was a fork. To me, it's sort of a rite of passage.
my first 2 bucks are a 3 point, and a little 6, before i killed my 5th deer, id shoot whatever walked by! and you should be able to, especially if youre young, or just starting out!