HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Finch

Default RE: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

I'm going to contradict myself herebut I believe the above posthas some validity as well as what I said in your other thread. I think it depends on who you ask what actually makesa bow "tuned." Is it because it shoots pretty bullet holes through paper? What about measuring your bow's specs (A2A, BH, tiller, etc) and having them dead on? Many people have many different definitions of tuned bows. Some say only start at paper and then proceed to walk-back. Somerely on paper-tuning only.Some don't worry about their A2A or BH measuring to the "T".

I'm no tuning expert but I do feel I have a pretty good handle on what makes a bow "tuned". I want my cams in synch, specs to be on the nose, and perfect center-shot (after doing a walk-back). If my bow shoots bullets through paper than thats a plus too. Sometimes you can't have it all though.

All I know is that when I get my FP's and BH's hitting the same (or fairly close) spot I'm ready to hunt. It just seems to make sense that when you take two arrows (one with a FP and one with a fixed BH) and get them hitting the same spot...it just seems that you've met somewhere in the middle and have a well-tuned machine.

Maybe the aboveis not true but I'm going to continue doing what has been working for me.Bottom line!