HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - legal ATV riding areas
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:15 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: legal ATV riding areas

I'm very involved with a ATV club in my county. Many of us like you were tired of paying high dollars for atv's, and no place to legally ride them except your own private property. But yet in NY we have to register them asa motorized vehicle. NYS collects our $, but gives us nothing back. So 7 yrs ago signs were put up for a meeting to start a potential atv club. Its been a struggle, and every yr it continues to be a struggle. But now we have over 1,200 members, and numerous trails. We hold atv events, like our spring rodeo. We do benefit rides for hospice, and give donations to some charities. We did a poker run type ride last yr. to raise $ for our local Fire dept. to purchase a rescue atv unit. Another fire dept in the county called upon our atv club to help search for a downed plane. Our club found it. Were not about hell raisers, and outlaw riders. Were a honest do it right club, thats here for the public, to have fun, and help where ever we can.

This is THE ONLY way to help get the government, public involved, and aware of the demand for more atv recreational opportunities. Trust me the last thing you want to be doing is riding illegally, and being chased by the police. Pissing off private land owners. All thats doing is digging your own grave, and giving all atv owners a bad reputation. If you have such a club nearby, join it. If not, look into possibly starting one. Thats the best advice I can give you.