HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CZ 550 in 6.5x55
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Whitehorn
Fork Horn

Default RE: CZ 550 in 6.5x55

ORIGINAL: ushunter
...The more I shoot the 6.5x55 the more I wonder why this caliper hasn't caught on more here in US. In Scandinavia this caliper is used for everything from big bird to moose successfully. It has a low recoil, I can shoot easily a hundred rounds without any problems....
I would imagine that this cartridge is overshadowed by the 270 and really has to compete directly against it. I own both and don't reload so the 270 is a much higher performance round for me since my access to ammo is from the local stores.MySwede is surplus Gustavson and my 270 is a Model 70Classic Sporter. The 270 is a little faster and the bullet is a wee bitbiggerand my model 70 270 doesn't kick at allwhich is why my buddy calls it a lady's gun.

I have no experience with CZ rifles. And on an aside, I have no need for a magnum right now and if I did, I'd get a CZ550 Safary Classic in a 375 H&H.. If I am going to get a magnum, I want something worthy andbesdies, I've read too many classic African hunter books from the glory years.