HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYS Governor Spitzer Prostitute Scandal
Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYS Governor Spitzer Prostitute Scandal

I guess I feel that the news media indeed does a lot more "muck-raking" anymore than it used to. It's all about sensationalism for sales. I feel quite sure that this type of thing has been going on forever, and only lately ( the last decade or about ) has it been brought to the public eye in general. Personally, I don't feel it has one thing to do with a person's ability to perform their duties. It becomes a morality issue. But then again, how can you become a big time politician and be a moral person to begin with?? The so-called entertainment industry is overloaded with chronic idiots who are emblazoned by the news media daily. Soley for the sake of sensationalism and thus increased sales. Perfect examples are Britney Spears Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Susan Sarandon, etc. The list of these jaded, self-centered egotistical nut jobs goes on and on. By the way....what ever happened to Monica's dress ??
The spotlight is on those in the public eye, and no rock is left unturned. That's why so many are out there anymore. Someone turned over their rock and they crawled out.
It is too bad that people who have been put in places of public trust and leadership roles have to engage in this type of behavior, but as I said before, it's been going on since the beginning of time. The only difference is we now have the scum-raking media to shove it out in front of us. It generally little or nothing to do with their ability to perform their skills.