HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wall tent recommendations, tips
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Ripstop

Default RE: wall tent recommendations, tips

You didn't mention how you will be getting to the back country and how many people you are hunting with. Wall tents are not the best to hike in with. If you don't have horses I hope you can drive to where you want to set up camp. I have a 12x14 Davis wall tent. Go one size bigger than you think you need. Three people are just right for this size tent. I went with an internal frame and got a 3/4 floor (it really made it nice by the cots). If you go with an internal frame, check with the manufacturer as to the correct angle the internal angles need to be. If you decide to buy the angle pieces else where it could be a problem.Last year in Wyomingthe wind was 40mph plus. Although very noisey it held up well. The only draw back to canvas is you can not put it away wet. Fate usually has it that the day you break camp it is either raining or snowing. You will need to put it up once you get home to let it dry completely!There are some really nice tents that aren't canvas that you should consider. Unless of course you are dead set on a canvas wall tent.

Good luck with you decision.