HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dall Sheep Hunt 2009
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Kodi
Spike

Default RE: Dall Sheep Hunt 2009

ShatoDavis,

I'm not sure what Tim's current pricing is. Its been a few years since I've hunted with him. However, based on the Yukon Dall sheep hunts I saw priced at this year's SCI show in Reno, It looks like most Yukon sheep hunts are priced north of $15,000 to $16,000! As I said, you can get lower pricing in Alaska due to exchange rates, but I feel the average quality is lower than in the Yukon. Also, with few exceptions, in Alaska the outfitters do not have exclusive guide areas. It is possible two have two outfitters chasing sheep in the same area, not a good deal. Tim has exclusive guiding rights to about 10,000 square miles of prime sheep country in the Yukon.

I have been on five hunts with Tim over the years. Some with Tim as my guide and some with Tim guiding friends. I am two for two with Tim in the Yukon on Dalls (I just love to hunt sheep). One ram was a heavy 36"; the other 37" with 14" bases. My buddy took took one with Tim: 38" with 15" bases. (I also took a 41.5" Stonein BC ona hunt where Tim guided another guy to a 41' ram.) I would guess that by now Tim is close to booking full for 2009 but you should be OK for 2010.

Fair warning, Tim is expensive; but you truly get what you pay for, especially in sheep hunting! I wish you luck no matter who you book with. Everyone has their favorite game animal; but In my opinion it doesn't get any better than sheep hunting!