HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dall Sheep Hunt 2009
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
ShatoDavis

Default Dall Sheep Hunt 2009

I made up my mind this morning. I'm going on a dall sheep hunt. I'm not getting any younger, so I'm going to do it before I'm too old & fat to do it. Now for the hard part, I have to save up enough money. Oh well, I'll refinance the house if I have to. I've been hung up on that before and I will not be detoured this time.

Here's where I need help. Where should I go? Alaska, Yukon, Northwest territories? Alaska is the cheapest, but I want a chance at a nice one. I want to save as much money as I can, but I don't want a fly by night guide. I need a reputable outfitter with a top notch area that is cheap! They're everywhere I'm sure

What about boots and gear? I've read and heard about Koflach boots. Will I need this type of mountaineering boot?

Now for the most dangerous portion of this expedition. Can someone please tell my wife for me? I'll make sure that I'm out of the state whenever she's told that I've decided to spend $15,000 ona hunt.[:@] I'm sure she'll be happy with her man when she hears that: