HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Gun for 8 year old
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
jr.alspanky

Default RE: Deer Gun for 8 year old

Head0001 thanks for the kind words. I hunted most of my life, not deer, but ducks and other small game. My oldest son who is 14 has been very involved with sports, especially baseball since he was seven and we have travel all over the country for him to play. Last year he and my younger son (the 8 year old) told me they would like to give hunting a try. My 14 year old has a rem 1100 that his grandpa gave him and Santa claus brought the younger one a single action rossi 20ga. To be out with them and seeing the joy that hunting gives them (in only a few hunts) makes me so happy and wanting to go more. Since they are both new to hunting I don't even bring a gun for me to shoot. I have just as much fun just watching and teaching them the correct way to hunt. They've tried and like both duck and rabbit hunting and now would like to try deer hunting. As I stated before we will be hunting on 30 acres we own that's surrounded by a few hundred acres. We will ALL be together in a tower blind that we are building. I really don't think it matters if your 8 or 80 if your taught safety first when it comes to hunting. Thanks again for all the advise.