HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - COUGARS ARE HERE
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

i guess our coyotes are lot less in weight.

i had 2 coyotes come into me today,i think in same pack we got 2 out of earlier this month.

this is first year in awhile that we are seeing more than 2 hunting together..

you are talking about WOLF,are wolves rusty red brown or was i seeing a LARGE COYOTE in that color which we have not got one in that color or saw one like that or size.

that WOLF i believe i saw was BIG or long .
rt144 is not real wide road, when i saw him his tail looked like it was touching the edge of berm and his nose close to yellow line .

in 50 yrs of hunting ,i never in my life saw so many coyotes and other predators.
this started about 10/12 years ago we started seeing coyote tracks and never did and dad said he never heard of coyote or ever saw track here in clinton/potter countyto much back from that time to 1915 or so area.

heck, a COUGAR sighting you never heard of ,now, its a common occurence for most hunters you talk to that said they saw one.

most of sighting are from 1996 to now on COUGARS and also coyotes.no one all thru my childhood or my dads ever said they saw COUGAR other than at camp in left branch of youngwomans creek,a friend of dads said he shot at cougar trying to break into camp during the depression in 1930.