HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - boy some bow hunters just make me sick
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

First off i am a bow hunter but i gun hunt to .
Second this is not a attack on any one person
Third
I think it is sad when we bow hunters who get anywhere from 4 to 6 months of bow only season.
think they should remove muzzle loader shotgun and rifle season from the rut time
make them smaller.
Gun hunters get only a few weeks to hunt.
So the rut is the best time for them.
i do think there are alot of gun hunters out there that just walk through the woods locked and loaded looking for any deer. that is not right.
Heck i did it my first few years first year i did not scout just found a spot sit there for a few hours then moved.
And i only got one shot 80 yards out.
Second year i scouted Little but not much.
Last year i scout my ass off and got two shots but missed

I think we all need to let off the gun hunters alittle they only get a few weeks to hunt.

Let me ask you this would you be more happy if they made the rut bow only and mad all other hunting time both gun and bow
The best deer biologist agree with gun season being out of the Rut. Un-like most other things in hunting there is some science behind this idea. Look at Iowa, they based their season on what Minn did wrong.

Depends on what state you are talking about in MI there is a 45+ days of gun hunting, and 55 days of bow only. Some states are different. Here in MI I would prefer an earlier gun season for doe only in Sept

The DNR for all states should do what is best for the deer, the DNR is not here to satisfy hunters. They are suppose to protect the resource.

I would prefer a week of no hunting during the rut. Nov 15th Bow season ends in MI, 7 days later we have a gun season.