HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What r your thoughts on the spread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 AM
BKL Gundogs

Default RE: What r your thoughts on the spread

Now, I don't know about everybody in here but I would personally look at getting silouttes instead of more full bodies or shells. Don't get me wrong about full bodies they are great, but they do tend to blow over and they are hard to get into the field. The shells are not bad either but have you noticed that geese tend to bed down more on bad wheather days then they do on good wheather days, thats the disadvantage to shells. But silouttes are light easy to transport out to the field (imagine carring 3 to 4 dozen sillouttes compare to 6 to 8 full body or 1 dozen shell), plus they can be used as rester, feeders, or sentries, and most of all add a false sense of movement to your spread. Now might think I'm nuts about movement with sillouttes. Remember this sillouttes are a flat plane surface, so you can only see them from the sides not from the front or rear. If you were a geese and you saw them and was circling and a few disappear then re-appear does that not make you think of movement. Plus everybody is using full body or shells now a days. It will just throw in another different thing and help out.