HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - timberline no peep
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
wack
Fork Horn

Default RE: timberline no peep

quote:

ORIGINAL: wack

Looks interesting but I'm not an olympic shooter. I'm a hunter who finds himself shooting from small tree stands and awkward positions. I'm not sure I would benefit with this.
I use A Predator IV Pendulum sight. If I want to use fixed pins, I'd still use the Predator sight bas and peep site. The peep is one of the biggest I've seen. Plenty big to see in the darkest conditions. What I like about this system is that there is always a visual anchor point check. Simply line up the glow ring (sight guard) with the edge of the peep sight. No mater how twisted out of shape I get in A tree stand, I can line up the glow in the dark guard with my peep and know I'm anchored properly with a quick look. Becomes second nature after awhile. I believe many fixed pin sights with a circle guard around the pins can be used the same way...? I don't know, I started out with the Predator IV and it's the ONLY thing I haven't changed over the years.

The nopeep is tailor made for situations like yours. After practicing with the nopeep, you'll find it only takes a split second to verify alignment. Your not supposed to be fixated on it while aiming-a quick glance and that's it. You can be any sort akward position, but with the nopeep you can get properly aligned and make the shot.
You are probably right. I haven't tried it, but I did see it a few years ago and thought that it might be an option. I was looking for something that would allow enough light in to shoot at coyote's in the dark. I was pleasantly surprised that I could with the large peep sight I have now, twice I've taken coyote in the dark with it since then. No need to change,(unless I find the need to see black or dark brown critters in the dark) but I think both work in the same way.
One thing that makes me wonder is when I draw with buck fever and my jaw drops open, I know right away because my guard and peep don't line up. I get a visual cue to shut my mouth and then everything comes together. Do you get that instant visual cue with the peepless sight? Once I figured out that buck fever opens my mouth, I learned to instantly recognize and correct that problem. Same goes with torquing my bow. One look at my sight and I know if something is off. Does the nopeep work the same? I would think it would, it just might not look as obvious as it does with my big peep and glow guard. I thought it was an interesting product, just never saw the need to change. Maybe as I get older and my night vision starts to fail me, the peepless may become a better option.