HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why are hunts so damn expensive???
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
muley699

Default RE: Why are hunts so damn expensive???

ORIGINAL: blaserman

For the most part , I don't have a problem with the prices that an outfitter charges. They have to make a living too. But I have a problem with no lodging ,3-4 day hunts , Trophy fee and the most Important is 2 x1 Hunts. I lost a 180 + Mule deer honoring the shot Turn on a 2 x 1 Hunt. I wil never again do a 2 x1 hunt.
The prpblem with alot of Outfitters is they take tooo many people every year that the quility of the animals suffer. so the first Question that you should ask is how many people a year do you take each year and then chech refrences check ,check,check ask what you liked and disliked , also ask for people who did't take animals and talk to them too. For the most part do a 1x1,I will not pay $1000 more to hunt 1x1 thats crazy.
With a little research and planning, you can enjoy a great western expierence w/o paying an outfitter. You and a couple of buddies can bring a camper out west and have a week of fun for a fraction of the cost you pay on an outfitted hunt. The web has changed a lot, and you have the best possible resource right at your finger tips. Seems to me your complaint is that outfitted hunts are expensive, get out and do it on your own.