HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Long Range Shooting At Big Game
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 08:08 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Long Range Shooting At Big Game

We have a lot of long range shooting of big game on video and will probably run some of it on our show. When I say long range I mean 500 yds - 800yds (laser range finder). All are one-shot kills with most animals dropping immediately to the shot.
John B you said it all its not hunting it' s shooting ...an Elk or any other magnificent animal is not a freaking paper target...It is a living breathing animal that has to be shown more respect than sniping him/her from 1/2 mile or more away. Only scumbag enemies of our country should be shot like that and have to because they can shoot back and possibly kill us. What kind of thrill do you get out of that . I mean there are/used to be people in PA members of some sort of long range club that shot deer at 1000+ yards but please I would not want that in the majority of hunters. Before I ever picked up a rifle I was a bowhunter and really enjoyed getting within stone throwing distance of any animal this type of shooting is so different than that I cannot condone it.