HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tell me what my KRB will like
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Indiana SmokePole

Default RE: Tell me what my KRB will like

Hunt4me

I bought a KRB7 inearly nov. to be stricktly a conical shooter and I can tell you I was not dissapointed at all.
I tryed several diff. styles WTs and Brands and have went with the .504 460gr NEX & the 443gr U C Shorts from Bullshop they shoot Identical with a over the powder wad and 85gr of loose 2fg 777 powder I also got really good Accuracy out of the 385gr Hornady GP conical with 80gr of 777 & no wad . When shooting Conicals you have to remmember to keep your powder charges at 90gr and under you try to push them to fast and hard and your accuracy will fall all to h--- because when you push them that hard you could start to lead your barrle up. I actually like to stay under 85gr as long as the accuracy is still there, If I were you and U think U mite want to try some conicals I would pick up a box or two of the 385gr or 410gr Hornady GP conicals and try them with 75gr & 80gr of powder first to see if you are even going to like them . If you do try them I think you will like them alot. Also remmember when loading conicals to use a flat faced loading jag because if you try useing the loading tips made for saboted bullets you can deform the lead and hence have accuracy probblems . I have shot mine about 300 time sence I got it and most of it was trying differant bullet powder combos , and with the loades stated erllyer I am shooting a 6 shot group at 100yds of 1" to 1.50" and most guys arn't even getting that with saboted bullets BUT I shoot aLot Alot Alot. And unless you use a over the powder wad then you do load the conical on top of the powder and seat it firmly.

REmmember do not hessatate to PM me with any Quest. that u may have any time .

Ron