HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Felons banned from bowhunting?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Felons banned from bowhunting?

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

To many variables???? What's the crime????? What's that old saying..... o' yeah...... Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!!....

While I might tend to agree to some extent, keep this in mind....
Have you ever been involved in a fight??? Have you ever WON a fight??? Have you ever LOST a fight??? Any way you cut it, depending on the lawyer you get, judge you get, etc, a guy who may have defended himself somewhere along the line by fighting back or fighting due to whatever the cause, may potentially be charged with "FELONious assault," and be stripped of his huntin priveleges. As a guy who's been there done that, fortunately not gotten any charge, not even a misdemeanor disorderly, even though I was separated from the other guy, who smacked me with a car door pulling into a parking spot, I know what the potentials are. 19 and dating a 16 year old???? Depending on the state and the desires, a guy/gal may be charged with "Statutory rape!!!!"

I think that if we were to punish criminals appropriately, and let a little common sense rule, some of these would be "NULL" issues altogether!!!