HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Judge Muzzles Gun Club"
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM
sjsfire
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Judge Muzzles Gun Club"

Where I used to live the sportsman club was a mile outside of town to the East. I lived on the far West side of town and could still here them shooting on their trap league night and Saturdays with the wind. With development of the town over the last 20 years the housing has gone out futher East of town and right now some of the houses are within 200-300 yardsof the sportmans club proprty. Between the houses and club is a interstate highway and a overpass for the county road so there is quite a berm. The new house I built 3 years ago is just down the street from the nearest house to the club. So, I still hear the Wed. night league and Sat. morning shooting. Doesn't bother me a bit anymore than that traffic noiseoff in the distance. Unfortunatly I think the gun club will have to shut down eventually because of the development. I just hope they can relocate if that happens and make some improvements like addinga rifle range. Right know they only have a small pond for fishing, pistol range, and a trap and skeet field. If they would open a rifle range I would join it and support it but I'm not into trap and skeet. Thats why I join the sportsman club two hours away near my inlaws. More to offer and half the cost of membership. Sad to say but sportsman clubs are closing everyday due to people such as the Browns.