HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Long Range Shooting At Big Game
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 10:26 PM
ELKampMaster

Default RE: Long Range Shooting At Big Game

John B,
Good level headed response. If I ever see the footage, I guess I' ll be looking for the " magic" that lets relatively inexperienced shooters perform like that. Might learn a thing or two.

Regarding your NASCAR analogy -- it don' t hold up at all. To get into NASCAR racing you have to work your way up, PROVE YOURSELF, have LOTS of money, LOTS of first rate equipment AND its all MONITORED AND CONTROLLED by a governing body - NO AMATEURS -- even the low end of the drivers are very talented. If one can' t play at the nascar level and gets a wild hair and decides to drive nascar style on public roads, then the police are there to remove your license if you don' t die first. No such checks and balances exist for a bunch of " sniper wannabes" unleashed on our wildlife having been freshly inspired by such footage.

Everyone needs to make a buck - got to pay the bills! I understand that. I assume you are already committed and that you can probably " stand toe to toe" and argue your logic on this -- good luck -- I' d recommend you buckle your seat belt first because I' m betting the road ahead is going to get a bit rough.

EKM