HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - finished my hunting season yesterday
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 AM
little-d

Default finished my hunting season yesterday

got my last deer yesterday and it took over 3 hours to find and get out of the woods. crazy thing is it fell in his tracks. i was up in a pine tree about 25 feet and shot a nice buck out in the middle of a 6 yearold cutover thicket. by time i got to the ground it was getting dark and i forgot the flashlight, i came home and ate supper and when i got back ilike to have never found it in the middle of that crap. i had been looking the other way and when i turned to look behind me i caught a movement by a dead ceder tree. i looked through my scope and seen horns so i didn't darn move, soon asi could make out the middle of the deer i let lead fly. soon as i shot i thought i seen a belly flop and i could hear thrashing but the smoke just hung there forever. had it not been for that big broke over ceder he would have stayed there till daylight. the shot hit him square in the back and kept on going, i think it was about a 100 yrds. i almost went scopeless glad i didn't cause i would have neverr picked him out of that brush. omega 50 cal. with scope loaded with 140gr of t7 and a.451300gr speer plated softpoint in a black mmp sabot.