HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accutrigger
Thread: Accutrigger
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Accutrigger

I own 2 savages with the AT - 17 hmr is set at 2# pull (as low as itcan go without spring mods was 1.5#) The other is a 10II ML and I adjusted it down slightly to 3.0#, which is whereI set/like myhunting rifles(Colder here so gloves are normal and I don't like the trigger lighter).

I have tested a number of AT equipped Big Gamerifles with my trigger pull gauge, ave. from factoryhas beenaround4#.Many of therifles I tested theshooter didn't touch the adjustment, however some didgo lighterand evena couple went heavier...boils down to personal preference.

The process to adjust the AT is very easy. A trigger pull gauge isn't required if you have a feel for what break point you like.Note IME with the factory savage tupperware stocks that do not have the action bedded and useful pillars installed one must pay particular attention to action screw torque if they care about POI shifts upon the next range trip. A torque driver takes the guess work out, however for someit isn't worth the investment so you can make a mark across the action screw and insert then count the revolutions it takes to remove the action screws. Same thing whenreturning the actionto thestock and your back. My 10II moves at least 2" if not torqued to the same area when removing the stock. The Ml's seem to be more suspect to this but my partners CF(bought last year) movedeven more whenno attention was given to torque. Both these rifles have beenbedded and new pillars installed, POI jumpingare no more upon removal. Just thought it maybe of interest for those who adjust their AT's then see a change in POI and think they did something wrong or blame equipment! Rambling..sorry[&:]