HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Week 2 Standings and Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
mobow

Default RE: Week 2 Standings and Discussion

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well I was actually pretty disappointed in my score, I'm capable of better. But, I got my "official" targets from Lancaster today, and last evening I installed my new Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane, 5 .010 pin sight. I don't have a lens on it to keep me in the bowhunter classes, but I'm really believing the .010 pins will do nothing but help. That .029 I had covered almost the entire 10 ring @ 20 yards.....LOL
I'd actually rather have a larger pin to shoot spots with.
Here comes the obvious question, are you ready? Why? With my .029 covering up the entire 10 ring, I don't have a fine aiming point, it's more of a loose aiming point. Can't hit what I can't see, right?

I shot it a few times last evening to sight my 20 yard pin in, and I noticed a huge difference just with that. I'm pretty sure it's going to do nothing but help me, but I don't have near the experience you do, so I may be wrong.....

For those that may be interested ( I know of 1....) here is a picture, and I'm working on a full review of the sword sight. I'm currently writing it up, and have a few more pictures to take.