HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wife bought me a Weatherby Vanguard, 257 Wthby Mag
Old 12-27-2007, 07:52 AM
WestVirginiaBrent
Fork Horn

Default Wife bought me a Weatherby Vanguard, 257 Wthby Mag

She pulled up a wishlist I made a long time ago and bought me a 257 Wthby Mag!![8D]
It was a total surprise to me, she rocks.

I bought a Leupold VXI 4-12x40 scope and Leupold mounts and rings from Gander Mountain in Winchester, Virginia. What really surprised me was when he went to ring up the 3 boxes of ammo I was going to get he said it was $119.00 per box. [] I was stunned, it was 100 grain factory Weatherby TSX ammo. Needless to say I only bought 1 box as my back was to the wall and I needed some ammo for my trip to the range this Friday, had I not had that trip already planned out even before I knew I got this rifle, I would not have paid that much money for 1 box of ammo.

I have wanted this caliber for 20 years now, and I finally have it. I think my deer and varmint rifle collection is completed, I do not need another caliber in the 25 to 30 range that's for sure.

I can't wait to see how it shoots tomorrow and take it out next year for Opening day.