HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to become prostaff?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how to become prostaff?

I agree with the first part....but wonder why that's "sad"....lol
It's sad because that's why we wind up with yayhoos like the Warren brothers. They were surrounding another yayhoo of like mind who put them onto his show - I forget the old goat's name but he was a 'resort hunter/fisherman' too - and got them into TV.

You remember what Tom Miranda was like when he first started on TV 20 years ago? Didn't know his elbow from his eyeball about anything. Dumb as a box of rocks. But he knew somebody. I hear he's pretty knowledgeable now, so that means he's gotten himself trained up some. But he sure put out a lot of garbage back then.

Ever run across some of these so-called 'pro staffers' at 3D shoots that act like their stuff don't stink and they're too good and pure to be spoken to? Same thing. I've seen staffers turn people off their sponsors' products because of their attitude, and their supposed function is actually to turn people onto them. Since 'people surround themselves with like-minded people,' you have to assume the companies that sponsor these guys must be horse's butts too. If their pro treats you like you're slimemold, then their customer serviceis probably the same way.

Hmmm....

Come to think of it, maybe you're right and it's not such a sad thing after all. Judge the company by the staffers they put out there.