HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who has the better rifle?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 AM
rynigner
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who has the better rifle?

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

from your list, I would have to say Remington.

There is a reason that more local, state, and federal law enforcment agencies are using a Remington of one sort or another (generally something from their 700 series ) as their Swat Sniper Rifles.

Just something to think about
I wouldn't go by that alone... My uncle is a SWAT sniper in Texas he is on his second rifle. His first was a factory .308 Savage sniper rifle package, he could put each successive shot through the same hole all day straight from the factory. His current rifle is a remington .308 factory package and it can't come close to that kind of performance even with having work done on it......

When it comes down to it, if you want a hunting rifle they all make a great gun...If you want a bench rest gun, they all can make a great gun and straight outta the box they can outshoot most of us anyway...It just comes down to YOUR personal preferance on what you like best. As for myself I would love to own a Model 70, or a Browning but most likely will never own one due to the fact I can't justify it to myself to spend twice as much as what a savage will run and not gain much if anything in performance. Maybe when I retire I'll get one for myself...