HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:18 AM
vc1111
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Talondale and Cougar Mag...great post from you guys on the subject.

Cougar really nailed it though. If you want to really take the shine off something you love, just try doing it for a living. For example, ask the guy at the local bait shop if he's been fishing lately. Lol, usually those guys don't have much time. And I'll bet they get pretty tire of hearing the fishing stories too.

Hunting wouldn't be all that different. If you had to travel all that much, and be a rep with a smile week in and week out, talking at various seminars and venues, you might get awfully sick of talking about hunting. Heck I can only read so much about "which broadhead is best" and similar topics and I don't hunt or represent a hunting product for a living. I bet Justin gets tired of talking about hunting at times too, but I could be wrong.

But, I think the author does make some valid points too. I think everyone wishes things were as simple as they were decades ago when our fathers and grandfathers could simply visit the neighbors and go hunting.

Things change. The internet has changed so many things and hunting is one of them. Most of the change has been good in my opinion.

I'm just grateful for what I've had from hunting so far.