HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
rock_slinger
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Here is what I have found. I shoot the marquis and the general for several hours last week. Price was 699 for the marquis and 749 for the general at the shop I was at. Both bows where set at around 65 lbs and I was shooting my400 gr hunting arrows. I was really torn between the two bows. The general is super dead on the shot and really quiet. The marquis isgood in this area also butyou can tell between the two for sure!The draw cycle is different between the bows. The generalgets to its peak wieght early in the draw and stays there. The marquis is easy up to the last 1/4 or the draw where it peaks out. I liked the marquis draw but I am used to a single cam bow.
The general I was shooting was said to have the speed mods in it. I shoot a 30 inch draw and the crono showed 13 fps differece between the two bows. I saw 269 and 270 from the general and 282 and 283 from the marquis.
I bought the marquis because of the draw I thought was better for hunting purposes. I do like the speed also even though I try not to let that influence my choice. I shoot some longer shots andI wanted something a little flatter shooting and the general was about the same as my old bow.
If I could afford it I would have the general for treestand short shot hunts and the marquis for my out west elk and open area hunts! I can't of course so I went with the marquis for all around hunting I feel was a good choice for me.
The general has more brace height so will most likely be more forgiveing if that is a concern for you. I could not tell from my shorttime from one to other in accuracy performance. Wow that got longer than I planned...sorry!
Ps: The way I understand it the cam system on the general can not get out of time as far as timming between the cams. If they are out of time it will be both cams the same amount. ?? I don't know how to explain this for sure but it sounds good in my head!