HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Gundeck
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

ORIGINAL: eswany

I agree with you that the "pro staffers" should be thankful for us. Just like any sports athlete, they are no different. Just like GR8atta2D stated, try buying a good quality driver these days. Thanks to Tiger, that is not possible for under $6-700. Try playing a round of golf for under $75... It is crazy, but it is life. As much as you dislike it you cannot tell me that if ESP* called you and wanted to promote you and your hunts & pay you big $ that you would turn them down!
I don't agree. You can buy a driver for $50 that will allow you to play a pretty darn good round of golf (if you are any good). You can buy a bow for under $300 that will kill deer every year (if you are any good). You don't need the fancy, expensive stuff. You THINK you need it because the TV and magazines tell you it is necessary. Take ScentLok, for example (yeah, go ahead and blast me), I know guys that kill deer every year in their Carhartts (the same ones they fed the cows in earlier in the morning).

I can buy a refurbished Playstation II for around $100 and my kids would have a blast with it. I could also buy a $500 Playstation 3. Would my kids have five times as much fun? Probably not. My point is, there is a HUGE difference between need and want.