HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:16 AM
buckmine
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Avid outdoorsman and school teacher in search for a summer job. Can you help.

I am not sure if I am replying to the right message?

I am a teacher myself and I know why you want an outdoors job. A friend of mine has been a mentor to a 9th grader for about 2 years. He gets 11 dollars an hour and he takes him on every outdoors trip he goes on. Luckily this kid loves this stuff. He brings him ice fishing, bowhunting, to the BWCA, sledding, shed hunting, golfing, and other activities. Can you imagine getting paid to do all of these things, especially golfing.

Side Note. These tw o were fishing last summer and my friend caught a rock bass. My friend doesn' t keep rock bass. His PCA buddy told him to keep it because it was huge. It was and probably would have been a record. The largest today is 13 inches long. His was 19 inches long.

I just started with a 6th grade student and he is slowly getting outdoorsy. The purpose of this job is to get the kids out and away from there video games. I brought him out to our farm and I have him cutting small saplings for a future food plot. He loves it. If I have him do more than I should I will give him some money.

The wonderful thing about this job is you make your own hours..