HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
wack
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best Fall Away Rest For 2" Blazer Vanes

My first drop away was a shakey hunter Trophy Taker. It was the noisiest thing on my bow. I then put Drop Zone on my bow and the teflon sleeves got wrinkled slightly and that led to failure very quikly. I contacted customer service and the sent me the wrong parts. Called them back and they then said I had to send it in to reto fit the parts because they didn't have what I needed. That took 2 weeks and 1 week later the new teflon sleeves developed another wrinkle! What a waist of time money and hunting days!
I posted on another hunting site and found out about a new drop away rest called the Expert II, by DMI. It's a small family business. They make a few different drop away rests that work great with 2" Blazer vanes, QS Speed Hunter vanes and even FOB's. My Expert II is quieter than the Shakey hunter and DZ rests, is much easier to set up and a lot more durrable and dependable. Even though I say it is more quiet, it isn't silent. I have yet to see a drop away that is but being a perfectionist, that is the only issue that I would try to improve on the Expert I or Expert II. The Expert I is cheaper and I've never heard anything bad about the Expert I either. The Expert II just has A little more adjustability than the Expert I. The customer service that I got from DMI was outstanding, unlike the customer service I got from Bear Archery with the Drop Zone rest.
Here is the link for DMI. http://www.dotymi.com/Archery_Home.html