HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Funny hunting-related wife/gf stories?

Looking back on this, it's kinda funny, but at the time it was a "Twilight Zone" episode.

I met a girl I college one day while studying, she says she knows me from football and we struck up a conversation, eventually talking about hunting. She tells me she is "Part Black Foot Indian, and hunts all the time." and that she wanted to go hunting with me sometime.

Ok, I'm thinking it's a kinda strange first date but she's pretty good looking and it's the off season so I'll take her Rabbit hunting in the foot hills.....who knows what might happen.

Well the day arrives and she meets me at one of the many dirt roads off of the canyon road (Utah) that lead into the foot hills.

I notice that she has a small part of her hair (next to her ear)braided and a feather hanging from it.AND....you guessed it...HER FACE PAINTED!!!

Now I'm thinking "this broad is nuts" but I give her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she is just proud of her heritage, plus...she IS good looking. So we grab our rifles (.22's) and head out.We had been walking for some time talking about school, football and such when all of a sudden she spots some tracks (Coyote) and drops to the ground...procedes to put her ear to the ground......looks up at me and says......."Big female Cougar...about a half mile ahead heading south, if we hurry we can catch it."

I'm just standing there likeand I say..."First, that's a Coyote track....Second, even if it were a Cougar track, which it's not! we don't have a tag for it, nor a gun to kill it with, and third your frickin nuts!!!"

Well she stands up and says "Hey, I don't need a tag I'm an American Indian." At this point I'm thinking this crazy broad is gonna shoot me or something so I say to her, "Good luck with the Cougar, I'm heading back to my car." and turn and walk away.

I seen her a couple more times on campus but she acted like she didn't know me......thank God!!