HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning BAR -vs- Winchester SXR -vs- Remington 750 Model Woodsmaster.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
New York Hunter
Fork Horn

Default Browning BAR -vs- Winchester SXR -vs- Remington 750 Model Woodsmaster.

I've been looking at semi auto hunting rifles lately. I love the look and feel of the Remington 750. I don't know if I'm sold on the 750's reliability. I know guys that love their 7400's and others that hated them. Is the 750 any better then the 7400? I'm also the kind of guy that strips my firearms down and keeps them clean.

I've never really heard a bad thing said about the Browning BAR. Everyone I know that's owned or shot the BAR liked them. Or at least liked and respected how they functioned.

The Winchester SXR appears to be made like the BAR from what I've seen. They cost a little less then the BAR as well, which is good!

All three of these rifles feel good to me. I have to be honest, I would probably be happy with any of the three as long as they functioned and shot well. As far as cartridges go, I'd go with a 308 Win., 30-06 Spr. or a 35 Whelen (rifle or carbine). Obviously the 35 Whelen is only available in the Remington.

Which of these rifles is "most likely" to be the most accurate? What type of groups are these rifles capable of shooting when you find ammo that they like?

I'll take all the information I can get. I'm not going to buy one right away. I'll use this rifle for deer, black bear and wild boar. Thanks.