HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - homeprotection
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
skin290

Default RE: home protection

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: skin290

You DO NOT want to just plan to "dissuade" your attacker/invader...you cannot reliably think they will react the same way you think you would under the same circumstances.

I would also like to add that I think any reliable double action revolver in 38 SPL +P and larger would be a good HD weapon as well.
If you live alone there's no problem using Revolvers and Slugs, but if you have family in every roomof the house, you take the chance of one of them Projectiles penetrating Walls and killing one of your family members. Maybe that's your uncommon Logic[8D] of who or what you Kill, but most of the members on this board do have more common sense.Are you 15 yet?????[:@]
If something can penetrate the human body 8-12" (which is what you NEED if you want to have a reliable chance of killing/incapacitating an attacker), it is most certainly capable of going thru a few walls, don't you think?

I weigh have a reliable option to eliminate the threat over the "chance" that the round will penetrate a wall and then fatally kill a member of my family. Worst case scenario, if you don't eliminate the threat, you may have just as well killed your family, because the intruder will do it for you.

If he has a gun, and you shoot him with birdshot, hurting him some, but not incapacitating him, and he gets off a round to kill YOU, what do you think the criminal will do to your family? Some of you are so damn scared of your guns, I hope you keep all of them locked up and unloaded all the time, and only get them out of the safe to put them in a case for the ride to the range...