HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - homeprotection
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
adam11082
Fork Horn

Default RE: home protection

I would go with a shotgun. I have a Pardner Protector in 12 ga. I have 2 3/4 00 buck ready to roll at any time.
[/align][/align]
Using slugs is a very bad idea, and even using a handgun make my cringe if there are other people living in the house. Bird shot is no good. If you go here: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=34639cec2211c0baecfb04b2 90a91db1
[/align]You will find all you need to know about HD/Tactical Shotguns. If you look at one of the stickies, you will see an entire thread on wound profiles, and as you will see birdshot doesn't measure up, especially if it is some wangster hopped up on meth.
[/align]
[/align]I got my shotgun for $160 brand new, and am slowly adding to it. Shoots just as well as the other.
[/align]
[/align]Whatever you decide to use for home defense just remember 3 things:
[/align]
[/align]1. Practice
[/align]2. Practice
[/align]3. and more practice
[/align]
[/align]And make sure that you wife or significant other knows how to shoot it as well. I made my wife go to the range with me and learn how to use it.
[/align]
[/align]I had someone try and break in my house about a month ago, and realized that when the adrenaline starts flowing, you start fumbling. It made me realize that I needed to practice more, since then I have put almost 40 hrs in at the range and hundreds of shells.
[/align]
[/align]Good luck
[/align]