HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - burned out
Thread: burned out
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: burned out

ORIGINAL: mn trucker

last week of muzzle season and i haven't seen a thing. i think i'm done with stand hunting now it's time to just walk. i took the week off and i can't get motivated to go anymore.It's been a long season with just 1 doe taking with bow in Nov. i passed a few small bucks and now when i just want meat i don't see anything. hope you guys are staying motivated and good luck.

thanks for the advice all through out the year i manly just read and not talk
I know exactly how you feel. It has been a long season in Northern Wisconsin. I have not seen any bucks this year, and I do not want a doe. Actually I am not as meat hungry as I used to be, because I could have shot a doe if I wanted to.

I got on a good big track and a smaller one,this morning on one of my skid trails. With the new snow it was easy to follow. I was hoping they would lead me to some solo large tracks but no such luck.

I walked them out to the marsh and all the way to the National Forest. I got to thinking that while it was fun tracking them, I would probably find a large doe and a smaller one at the end of the track. So when I hit the forest road, I walked back home. It's now snowing again, so things are going to be a little ruff later. Right now sitting by the woodstove with a cup of coffee is a lot better then having snow fall down the back of my collar.

Good luck to you. I hope you get some meat for the freezer...