HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for ground blind hunters...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question for ground blind hunters...

I often leave my pop up blinds for an extended period of time setup, so I trim branches, remove debris and leaves from where the blind wil sit. I also throw a old sleeping bag down when I arrive for under neath my feet and chair. This acts two foldbyt reducing noise and keeping my feet off the frozen ground.

If it is a single setup I just throw the sleeping bag down and trim if nessecary.

As far as movement I set up so the majority ofthe area I am watching I don't need to turn my body just my head. As far as seating if I am just sitting for a morning or evening I use a 5 gallon pail with acushion. Finally Iwrap the pail in a blanket so that if my boots hit it the sound is dampened and add warmth. Ifsitting longer I use a folding lawn chair and a blanket thrown overtop tominimize anysqueezes or metal contact(plus you guess it comfort/warmth).

I guess I am paranoid about noise as well but the above has works well for me. Though may I say the sounds you hear are amplified due to being in a confined space, so no need to get an ulcer over every little sound.