HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which broadheads??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
live2Draw
Fork Horn

Default RE: which broadheads??

I dunno but I have had complete pass throughs with carbon arrows from 35 yards, though the back shoulder no problems. i have killed deer with expadibles, and fixed blades. once the broad head enters the chest cavity, the magic is happinin. and you might have to work and track (the toiletpaper thing has been a mainstay with me for a while, love that) but with correct shot placement, the job will get done.
Energy: I would love to see the test where a blcok with a pressure switch was shot with aluminum and carbon arrows of the same weight and test that 10-15% idea. Because when you are chasing a broad head, the only thing on your arrow that should be causing any significant friction is the fletching. thats kinda why I stay away from the short high profile stuff. and friction is really what robs you of energy. the energy transfer from bow to arrow should be the same with aluminum or carbon if they are correctly spined
Quietness:IBO standards use a 350 grain carbon arrow, and bows today are FAR quieter than they ever have been.itwas a 350 grain aluminum target arrow before, i could be wrong, but I am pretty sure there is some flawed logic here,