HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maine Trophy Hunt
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Outdoor
Fork Horn

Default Maine Trophy Hunt

I just got back from a trophy only whitetail hunt in the Allagashand one of the fellows that were in our group & I got into a discussion about tipping. First let me tell you everything was excellent I have been on many, many hunts and have NEVER seen the effort placed into a camp as I have this one. The food was first rate all the way. We all saw deer and most saw at least one buck, I saw 2 -8pts and a spike. Neither of the 8 points were trophy bucks - 2 1/2 years old at best so I let them walk.
With that said >>> his thoughts were if you saved and saved but could only afford just the cost of the hunt and tipping was not a requirement and should still go on the hunt. My thoughts are the guides/cooks are there for a minimum amount of money and tips are very important to them. I believed that part of your saving for this hunt was collecting enough money to include a tip. This fellow came out in defense of his friend who said we should all (5)put $20 bucks in and give it to the 2 individuals who guided and cooked for us. Three of us agreed to tip what we thought was correct and I have no idea what the other 2 fellows left for a tip.

So my question is if you could not afford to tip on a hunt would you go anyway?