HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
VA5326
Typical Buck

Default RE: VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?

I saw bucks cruising for does last weekend. I think with the drought, the rut may have started a little late.

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

i also hunt a lot in madison co--right off rt29 next to a vineyard. we have 200 acres and are having a hard time w/ tresspassers this year. they ran their atv's all over the place before the season and now they crossover the property lines and hunt our property. they even stole a new climber from us(mine) over the weekend. this could get ugly.

We had some guys doing the same thing with the hunting on our property and the ATV's. However, when we confronted them about ittheysaid "what are you talking about? We've never done that before in our lives" Then we showed them the game cam I set up with three of their faces up close and personal. Then they started back tracking and said " oh we were lost that time"even though there are posted signs everywhere on our property and the ATV tracks were everywhere as far back as August. We haven't had a problem since then but I imagine that's only because they don't know where our game cameras areand the fact that we told them next timewe catch themthe local Sheriff will be there ready to take action. I hate to say it, but our game cameras have a two-fold purposethese days.