HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Powerbelt 270grn. Platinum bullet performance
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
torridone

Default Powerbelt 270grn. Platinum bullet performance

I am new to muzzleloading and was recommended to use the powerbelt 270grn. platinum bullets. I recently have read some posts on here complaining about the performance etc. of these bullets. I shot two deer this past weekend, both at approx. 30-40yds. The doe went maybe 10 yds. and pilled up, double lung shot with pass-through. The 11pt. buck went approximately 60yds. I shot him quartering away throught the lungs, he left a good blod trial. I did not find the bullet and am assuming it was either burried in the opposite shoulder or fragmented as some have experienced. I was hoping to find it the buck has a real nice rack and is going on the wall. Moral of the story is that I killed 2 deer with these bulletes and I feel they performed well, I was using 150grs. of 777 w/CVA Kodiak rifle. In both cases the lungs were shredded. They also shot very well at the range prior to this season. Some of the poor experiences with these bullet have me nervous, what bullets do you guys recommend?