HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cell Phones
Thread: Cell Phones
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM
wrightshot

Default Cell Phones

Well, I have been hunting like crazy this year and have not sean any dear for like 3 weeks. Nothing sense Nov. 15th. Well I had enough of work yesterday and decided to try a section of land that I hunted on Sunday. That is another story. Hit the woods at 1:00 pm and at 1:15 till 5:00 the local kids were tearing up the woods on the 4-wheelers. Another zero in the books. Well back to last night. In the woods at 2:00 pm. Jumped a doe on the way in. Good sign, I at lease saw one. I set up on the far side of a clearing where I have a good line of site of their trail. 30 min. in, another doe. about 45 min. of light and another doe comes down the trail looking back. Nothing following. Well, about 20 min. left of light and here comes 3 doe and a nice forkie. Noth what I really wanted but, I am scoreless and the freezer is bare. I take aim at the fork. Deep breathe, let some out, squeeze the trigger, and off goes the cell phone. I had it on vibrate and it was in the chest pocket of my jacket. It was my son checking in if it was ok for him and his brother to go to his buds house. The shot was high and a complete miss. I walked the area to verify. He was bummed and so was I. I told him that stuff happens and don't sweat it. The funny thing was as he was calling me, his younger brother was telling him not to call I was probably shooting one right now. What are the odds? Oh well, it was cold, windy, and a memorable time in the woods. Saturday, I will begin bow hunting again and I know right where I will be setting up. I didn't have a doe tag for firearm season, but bow season ...... GAME ON!

Sorry it was long, just had to vent, a little.