HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
stubblejumper
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Stubblejumper, I get the idea that you don't want a Bad Boy. If I were 20 miles from my stand in -20 degree weather and was going to haul out a freakin moose, I wouldn't want one either. Nowhere has BBE promoted or advertised their buggie for that type job. You are here only to discourage people from a Bad Boy Buggie and I don't understand why. For you to not want a Bad Boy so bad, something is keeping you around this thread. I think you secretly want one for Christmas and are trying to talk yourself out of it.
I am just pointing out that with todays technology,all battery powered units suffer from the same limitations,the largest of which is range between charges.For that reason alone,I would never consider any electric unit.For the person that just drives a few miles to a deer stand,and then home every night to a location where they can plug the unit in,it may work well for them.However,many of us are more demanding of our atvs because we hunt larger game,farther away from an electrical source.In summer we ride our atvs to camp sites located about 50 miles away on sand trails.With gas powered quads,we can easily maintain 40mph on most of the trail,and reach our destination on a single tank,carrying enough fuel on the rack for the return trip.An electric atv would be useless in that situation,requiring a person to tow a trailer to haul a generator and fuel,and requiring a person to stop at least once,on each trip to recharge the unit.

The purpose of my posts,is simply to encourage people to look at the severe range limitations that go with an electric atv before buying one.