HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ohio gun season
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 AM
SuperTiger18

Default RE: ohio gun season

I got into the stand at 5:45 yesterday and the sky was pretty clear with temps in the mid-30's. By 6:45 a light rain had started and a thick fog rolled into the ravines with it. By 7:15 the rain was coming down in buckets and you couldn't see more than 15 to 20 feet in front of you. I got out of the stand at 9:30 and took a walk (didn't see anything and had not heard many shots. Headed back to the truck at 11:30 for lunch and a quick nap. During lunch the rain let up and the fog cleared out so I headed back to the stand at 1:00 and the monsoon and fog appeared again.

Even with rain gear on it was a long, miserable day. I didn't see a single deer, nor did I hear anything moving in the woods (not that it would be easy to hear over the rain). I got home at 7:00 and cleaned my gun and hung my hat, boots, and gloves to dry out. I won't be going agian until Friday and certainly hope for cooler temps and clearer skies.

Not sure about you...but I didn't see as many hunters out as I would have expected.