HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning or Tikka
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning or Tikka

I owned an A bolt Stalker in 30/06 when I was young (12 years old young). Right when the BOSS system came out. Only had the muzzle brake back then. Gun shot amazingly well, but Lord it was too loud. Dad ended up selling it to save my ears, and the next year they brought out the CR. So it goes.

Got another A Bolt Stalker now. 300 WSM. No Boss. Gun handles great, had a smith adjust the trigger (which is very very simple to do yourself too by the way). Love the Brownings, and always had good results with them. Shot a few other A Bolts as well... all are simply deadly accurate.

Never shot a Tikka though. However I was interested in a T3 when they first came out. When I finally got to handle one, I found that I liked everything about it except the stock. The stock right at the cheek rest is too slender for my liking, and I suspect that it would bite you a bit. But thats the only negative thing I have to say about them. They've gotten great reviews across the board. So I really think that its just up to your tastes.