HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Canned pheasant hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Canned pheasant hunting

I am questioning it, but at the same time it is going to be a pretty swanky deal from the sounds of it. Just the free breakfast and lunch sounds like it might be worth it.

I just don't know how realistic it is going to be. I talked with a guy who went last year and he said he really enjoyed it, just not to get the impression that because you limited out on that hunt that suddenly you were a great pheasant hunter or anything. He said you don't hunt the same field over and over like I have heard that they do some places where they just restock it between each "hunt" with raised pheasants.

We are in a good pheasant territory and from the sounds of it our wild bird population is really good this year so I think I'll get a chance at some wild birds. We will be out on opening morning of pheasant season so it's not like the areas are going to be hunted out before we get there.

I am leaning toward going, just to keep the good relationship with the bankers if nothing else.

Has anyone else gone on a hunt setup like this that has a mix of wild and raised birds?