HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My First
Thread: My First
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 AM
mutantcoil

Default RE: My First

I got my second buck of the year last Saturday about an hour into opening rifle season. He had a huge body so I thought he would be a 6 point. I guess he was only a 4 point because his brow tines were kind of small. He dressed out at 123lbs though so he’s still the biggest deer I’ve got so far. I would have passed him up if I was on one of our clubs leases but this was on a local friends land. It’s not a very big property and there are a lot of hunters around so someone would have taken him anyway. I do feel good about the shot though, right through the heart! He took a couple of big leaps then fell over. There was a LOT of blood on the ground. This is only the third deer I’ve harvested in my life. I think I’m getting to where I can relax a little better now. I put a lot of pressure on myself to get my first buck and it caused me to miss a lot of shots. Well this weekend I was able to breathe correctly and squeeze the trigger and not pull it like I have been doing in the past. I feel like now I can focus on getting better trophies. I think from now on I am going to harvest does for meat and pass on any buck smaller then an 8.