HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slug gun help needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
selfguided

Default RE: Slug gun help needed!!!

I felt so much better about my gun this morning after reading this and now I feel even better. I just went to the range and I got something else to add to this. There was a guy there with a brand new Beretta Extrema2. He told me he was having a hard time finding a slug that would shoot out of it. He had tried Hornady SSt and Breneke Sabots. Both shot all over the place.

I told him I was looking at buying a gun like that. He offered to let me shoot it. I shot 2 Lightfields out of it and I put them both just left of the bull. I then gave him a box of Lightfields.
he shot 3 of them at 50 yards. They all hit left of the bull in the same hole. He then shot it 2 times at 100 yards (he did not adjust the scope for the left before he did this). They both hit
4 inches left, 6 inches low, and both right through the same hole. Obviously when he gets more slugs he can get the left out of it.

From what I have seen and read, these new high power slugs on the market are not shooting well for a lot of people. I think they are too light and too fast for most shotguns to handle.

That is my .02. I am sticking with Lightfields.